|Contracting||Installation & Maintenance|
IRL is based in Auckland and service the whole of New Zealand, with projects completed successfully in Australia, Fiji, the Marshall Islands, Pago Pago and as far away as Papua New Guinea.
Our clients include Tip Top Ice Cream, Air Liquide, Figoscandia, Gordon Brothers Industries Pty Ltd, VisyPak and Trane NZ.
IRL provide a pipe freezing service called Kwik Freeze, which involves the freezing of piping within and during a functional line. This means repairs or modifications can be performed on a specified section of pipe, without shutting down or draining the entire line system.
There are many reasons for the need to isolate pipelines, but damage is one of the most common. If a valve has to be repaired or replaced (without shutting down and draining the whole system) pipe freezing is a reliable method saving time and money. Other routine applications include:
IRL have two Kwik Freeze systems available depending on the requirements of the job:
- Carbon Dioxide based (CO2) dry ice jacketed system (non-controlled temperature)
- Liquid Nitrogen based (LN2) system (controlled temperature)
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) System
- Eliminates the need for a complete system drain
- Non-intrusive method of developing temporary piping isolations
- Internal piping fluid develops into solid and dependable freeze plugs
- Requires no special welding or other costs often related to Line Stop Fittings
- Avoids the need to replace costly chemically treated fluids, saving time and money
- Minimises environmental risk, by removing the need to dispose of wastewater or toxic fluids